Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 73 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Where Were The £3000 Worth of Banners And Flags ?

Got to my seat 10 minutes before kick off and when the teams came out expected to see a sea of banners and flags over in the Barclay lower and was disappointed that the crowdfunding which raised £3000 appeared to make no difference.

Re: Where Were The £3000 Worth of Banners And Flags ?

Hi TIL 1010, we decided against going for a visual display yesterday because of the fan march, among another couple of logistical reasons.

However, we've spent some of the money on some flags and banners for future visual displays, the first of which will be in place for the Leeds game. There will also be a large number of smaller flags in the singing section on Tuesday night. This money has to last the whole season though, so we're still finalizing plans for that.

Today is the day then.

I dunno?.....I was on my smartphone.....

There i was expecting crowd surfing banners and flags as big those used at Sky games and all i saw was a handful no bigger than anything seen in a sandcastle on Yarmouth beach. As for those four C I T Y efforts on poles or whatever absolutely cringeworthy.

Everything has to start somewhere. Theres been many critics over the last few years so as far as I'm concerned fair play to anyone trying to improve the atmosphere and feeling around Carrow Road.

Thought the Leeds fans improved the atmosphere today, credit to them for singing, but then again they have a side worth singing about! Dirty Leeds.

Flags a flying in the Barclay Lower....I saw them.

I'm all for trying things but why is investing in a few flags and stuff to wave before the game likely to improve atmosphere during it?

More atmosphere and noise created with those much maligned clappers by which i mean paper not happy.

TIL 1010 wrote:
More atmosphere and noise created with those much maligned clappers by which i mean paper not happy.

But the two together, paper and happy, could be the golden ticket.

Fans spend thousands on flags and the club wrecks the attempt at an atmosphere by playing Kanye West when we come out.
What a joke, may as well play "We are the Champions" by Queen as the tin pottery would be almost the same.

Maybe ask some of those Leeds fans to stick around they really could teach our singing section a thing or two.

Utter joke.

There were some flags and banners to be fair

Wow if that’s 3 grands worth City we’re ripped off!

Not the club's money in fairness Indy. It was raised by fans donations.