Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 204 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: The scum match thread

I wonder how many of this thread's posters have been there and seen us lose.

Can't portray a great game. But as I said on a previous thread, a win was vital for both teams, so neither will be happy. I was moaning about Leitner just before he scored but never mind he scored. But come on, he isn't the answer.
And to all those who think Walters is a spent force, dream on.

keelansgrandad wrote:
Can't portray a great game. But as I said on a previous thread, a win was vital for both teams, so neither will be happy. I was moaning about Leitner just before he scored but never mind he scored. But come on, he isn't the answer. And to all those who think Walters is a spent force, dream on.

When Wes at the club arrived he showed plenty of ability at times, but took time to show his best form and even at his peak was sometimes not at the races.  Leitner has bags of ability too and although obviously has a long way to go to be able to really compare him and Wes, he is a creative player and as we have seen today can score goals today - notceably, with his left foot. A key player methinks.

Oh well, good day out, great scenes as ever when we scored, as for the game, well will not be one to live long in the memory. Let’s get the home leg at a decent time of day!!

@nutty

I have, just the once. Not a fun experience.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 02/09/2018 5:22 PM:

I have. Doesn’t change anything about today’s game though

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 02/09/2018 5:22 PM:

I've only been once myself. 92/93 - 3-1 loss. I seem to remember going with the NCFC family section and we were sat amongst a stink (collective noun) of binners. Not pleasant.

OTBC

Totally agree Branston. 5 games is only just over 10% of the season, so league position really isn't that representative at the moment.

No one could argue it was a top performance, it was really quite a poor game, but we certainly seemed more solid defensively without Pinto at RB, and didn't crumble as we have done so many times in the last few months.

I remember going on a Tuesday/Wednesday night somewhere around 75/76, we got well beaten 5-0

lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/09/2018 5:34 PM:

When Wes at the club arrived he showed plenty of ability at times, but took time to show his best form and even at his peak was sometimes not at the races. Leitner has bags of ability too and although obviously has a long way to go to be able to really compare him and Wes, he is a creative player and as we have seen today can score goals today - notceably, with his left foot. A key player methinks.

Leitner is too lightweight in the middle of the park for me but you can allow for that IF he starts to provide more assists and goals - a return of 1 goal and 1 assist in 20 games isn't enough imo. If he doesn't up that return, give someone else a chance.

OTBC

I think if we see leitner play central and deeper like today more often we will see him flourish.
He’s not a goal scorer and won’t often create direct Wes/Maddison type assists and but from deep he can start moves, pick up peices and control/dictate tempo.
Maybe we would see better from him also playing next to a more dynamic player than Tettey, I thought Godfrey would be that man but Farke clearly doesn’t.

I've not been able to go to the game at Pooman Rd for a few years, but for most of my life it always seemed to be a 2-0 defeat at best, but I also saw also 5-0 and 4-0 losses. And nearly always in the home supporters. I'll never tire of us getting any positive result...

Last time I went to PR was 1973 Texaco Cup Final, lost 2-1, a Peter Morris cracker (for them not us) - not nice but then Ipswich were a much better club then......good to see we've rather taken over since those days. 

I was at that game Lakey. I wonder what happened to the Texaco cup.

I was at that Texaco Cup game. It was my first visit. 1-5 was my last visit and I stood for five minutes afterwards commiting the scoreboard to memory forever.