Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 22 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Godfrey

Clearly, you have missed the last 14 months of his management

What worries me most about Godfrey isn’t the position he plays for us but the very fact of him actually playing for us regularly and us getting the benefit from him. What would disappoint me is, if he’s as good as he’s being touted, that we take an age to integrate him and before you know it, a big offer comes in, he’s sold and he has about a dozen full 90’s to his name with us. I can’t help but think we lost a season out of Maddison because we were reluctant to give him a chance.

Dont get the hype around him at all, although admittedly not seen him much, but I thought he was poor versus Stevenage in the cup, lost all his aerial battles and dont remember him winning one header.

And at fault for the goal sunday, yet again losing the aerial battle. Goal was then deflected off him, which is bad luck i guess, but win the header, like Klose would have done, then the danger is gone.

Sorry but I dont get the hype around Godfrey, or Thompson for that matter, and would have much rather Zimmerman had come on.

It's frustrating that he played consistently well in DCM for Shrewsbury all last season, we're crying out for some energy and bite in that position, and yet Farke hasn't even given him a chance there yet.

Even more frustrating Farke only seems to consider him as a defender.

imo he'd be great for us in midfield, and if he got his chance I do think he'd keep Tettey out.

i Think he makes a great DM and i would play him instead of Tettey
he has more pace i also think his passing is better
his pace can get him up and down the middle and if a AM from the other side breaks he would be able to cover quicker than Tettey

Oh dear oh dear oh dear Matt Morriss - we clearly can't tell the difference between Jamal Lewis and Ben Godfrey can we? Watch the Ipswich goal again!!!

I'd actually argue if Klose had stayed on, we wouldn't have conceded against Ipswich. Godfrey caught himself in no-mans land when it had been clear that our CBs had been told to aggressively attack the ball; not so much a criticism but you often see that in younger centre-halves.

I'd say if he's destined to become the next big thing at CB then he really needs a loan at a decent level, starting most weeks, to learn it. Playing the occasional 20 minutes or cup game teaches nothing.

aah Lewis was it, ok

Still doesnt change my opinion on Godfrey, dont think he is better than Klose, Zim or Hanley