Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 38977 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: OT. Brexit.

Looks like Juncker was pissed again when making his "State of the Union" address today, reminds me of one of our fellow posters.

"The U.K. and the European Union are preparing for a special summit to sign the Brexit deal in November and the meeting could be announced within days, according to people familiar with the matter."

Its all moving forward, plenty more pant wetting potential to come but the exit door continues to get closer.

Van wink wrote:
Looks like Juncker was pissed again when making his "State of the Union" address today, reminds me of one of our fellow posters.

Hoorah

Hand crank has replaced poor RTB who was in danger of a break down - lets hope HC stays in character

ps any chance of Dafty a bit later ?

Badger wrote:
 Rock The Boat wrote:

You still haven't told us what % of the european electorate voted for Junker. If that's too difficult give us the number to the nearest million votes - if you can.

How many of the UK electorate voted for Jeremy Heywood (Head of the Home Civil Service) - his closest equivalent.

I'll give you two responses, pick the one you like best (or least worse)

Response 1:
So you admit that the head of the organistion that rules over us, is not an elected person but an unelected civil servant! Thanks for the confirmation.

Though I'm sure Jeremy Heywood would love Junker's power - and salary...

Response 2:

Who in the EU is the closest equivalent to our Prime Minister (Theresa May at time of writing), and what % of votes of the EU electorate were cast for this person?

Ben wrote:
 Rock The Boat wrote:
So we can agree then that Junker has received no votes at all from the European electorate, and he wishes to withdraw voting rights from Hungary, yet you call Orban (>50% national vote) both undemocratic and a bully.

Perhaps you need to revisit your thoughts.

'yet you call Orban (>50% national vote) both undemocratic and a bully'.

no, that is just you lying again...unless of course you can point to where I sTated that

Only too happy to oblige. At 5:37pm this evening you ended a post referring to Orban with this line:

"Odd that brexiteers should wish to side with such an undemocratic bully..... or not."

Now why don't you toddle off to a safe space, old chum.

"Now why don't you toddle off to a safe space, old chum. "

A padded room would suffice.
Looks like Ben has been on the piss again🤮

Rock The Boat wrote:

:
So you admit that the head of the organistion that rules over us, is not an elected person but an unelected civil servant!

I thought she was an unelected monarch. Stretching a point to call her a civil servant.

Rock The Boat wrote:
  Badger wrote:
 Rock The Boat wrote:

You still haven't told us what % of the european electorate voted for Junker. If that's too difficult give us the number to the nearest million votes - if you can.

How many of the UK electorate voted for Jeremy Heywood (Head of the Home Civil Service) - his closest equivalent.

I'll give you two responses, pick the one you like best (or least worse)

Response 1:
So you admit that the head of the organistion that rules over us, is not an elected person but an unelected civil servant! Thanks for the confirmation.

Though I'm sure Jeremy Heywood would love Junker's power - and salary...

Response 2:

Who in the EU is the closest equivalent to our Prime Minister (Theresa May at time of writing), and what % of votes of the EU electorate were cast for this person?

He was proposed as head of the EU commission, and then voted on by MEPs, who were also voted for. Reasonably democratic. A little bit more than the over 600 Lords, and probably a similar amount of democracy as the choice we have as who our PM is.

Re: OT - EU straw poll...

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union officials are working on re-drafting a sensitive Irish protocol to the draft Brexit treaty with Britain, as part of what EU negotiator Michel Barnier has called efforts to “de-dramatise” the issue and get a deal, EU officials said on Wednesday. "

Tic toc....tic toc...👍

Only the fools think it hasn't already been sorted.

Changing words to placate the DUP by the looks of it. Aren't you glad we took back control?!

Yes [Y]

Justin Welby, hero of the people. Good to see some proper Christian values being uttered by a church leader.

Justin Welby
“This is appalling. There are plenty of ways you can tell MPs you disagree with them. But targeting their children is shameful and disgraceful. We are – and must be – better than this. We'll be praying for @Jacob_Rees_Mogg’s family at @lambethpalace chapel this evening”

Absolutely agree Hermy👍

I agree, targeting kids is disgraceful. Rees-Mogg deserves a lot of grief but his children should be left alone. They have enough problems to worry about.
Coffee [C]

Re: Where is the "plan"?

MooreMarriot wrote:
 Rock The Boat wrote:
The EU has voted to enact Article 7 procedures against Hungary which potentially could strip Hungary's voting rights in the EU. This is because the sovereign Hungarian government, with over 70% support of the electorate has decided not to allow immigrants to cross its borders. The EU demonstrating once again that it is an authoritarian dictatorship that cares nothing for sovereign democracy. On the bright side this will only speed up the collapse of the EU.

What's this ? Hungary is a " sovereign  government " and a " sovereign democracy " ? But it's in the EU , we are regularly told on here we must leave to get our sovereignty back .

The EU is trying to override Hungary's sovereign right to how it controls its immigration. Hungary understands how Merkel has caused this immigration problem with its open door to mainly millions of economic migrants from Africa, sees the increase in terrorism, rapes etc in Germany, France, Belgium and Sweden in particular , caused mainly by a certain religious ethnic minority and does not want to import this into their country.

Having been to Budapest in the past two years, I was very impressed with the beauty of the country, the people, the architecture, free open air concerts, the social amenities and the public transport system which is to me the best in the world. It was clear that Hungary has not yet been touched by mass immigration and has retained its wonderful culture and standards, and wishes it to remain that way. 

This is the same reason that many Brits voted to leave the EU and I hope that Hungary join us in the big wide world.