Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 65 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Message to Daniel

I've never called for any Norwich manager to go. On reflection I was wrong not to do so with Roader and the loanees. I've disagreed with appointments (e.g Gunn) but I've always been oddly loyal once the gaffer is appointed. Maybe this was coming of age in the Bond, Brown, Walker, Worthington era. In those days you only had to listen to the pub bore or the River End moaner now and again for your unplanned dose of negativity. Today of course there are the key board minority, within the online minority who rattle on about subjects they clearly know nothing about, preaching about ambition from the hollowness of their own limited world view. Chat to most fans in most parts of Carra and you find most folks are fairly realistic and knowledgeable.

We have made mistakes and we find ourselves middle of the 2nd Tier (where we were when I was a kid) . We are in good company as the the 2nd Tier increasingly looks a more competitative and exciting division than the prem, and the T.V companies are slowly picking up on this. My WBA pal said his first game back in this division (a home defeat to Bolton) allowed him to experience the best atmosphere at the Hawthorns for years. Keep right on ................

Shock horror, football fans calling for a change of manager following a hammering on their own patch, following a sub-standard start to the season which has continued to reveal the same misgivings and which has followed on from an ordinary season last time out which was characterised by some less than inspiring displays.

Shock horror, football fans sensing a gradual decline of their club wanting changes to be made in the coaching set up.

Naughty boys and girls. Know your place.

They must be made to write out one hundred times:-

"We must settle for second best."
"We must settle for second best."

A change is needed. The team don’t perform on the pitch and hasn’t done for a long while. Of course the manager has to be replaced. Asap!

Hoola Han Solo wrote:
My name is LDC, and I will talk down to and patronise all my fellow fans that don’t share my obsessive, blind faith approach to supporting NCFC. Those that want a change in ownership and don’t think the sun shines out of Delia’s ar$e are all stupid and wanting to destroy the club, and I’m here to lecture them why they’re wrong.
The truth is that we will never get back into the PL with only Delia etc in charge. She may have saved the Club once, and admirably kept it afloat, but things have moved on and we are a millions miles away from affording a squad that is capable of getting promotion, and another million miles from affording one that could stay in the PL.
Under the present ownership set up we have no chance of being a Brighton, a Bournemouth, a Burnley, a Watford or even a Cardiff.
No matter what style of football we play, or what Manager we employ (although there is better than Farke), the current squad is nowhere good enough and the bottom line is, we can't afford a better one.
We have a couple of decent youngsters but as soon as they mature into good players they will be sold off to balance the books.
That is what this new model is all about - keeping our heads above water finacially whilst pretending to be ambitious and doing just enough on the pitch to retain our Championship status and keep the season ticket holders happy.
That is where we are and anything else is unachievable with the money we have.
Without some major investment from another source we are destined for years of stagnation.

Tongue Tied [:S]

Ldc... words fail me

LDC, your dedication and blind faith in this manager might carry a bit more weight if you hadn't had the exact same faith in every single other manager we've had.

I’ve just had a thought. I know Daniel can speak English incredibly well but do we know if he can read it? If he can’t then all this hard work and wisdom will have gone to waste... He’ll never know how we really felt 😭😭😭😭😭😭😩😩😩

BroadstairsR wrote:
Shock horror, football fans calling for a change of manager following a hammering on their own patch, following a sub-standard start to the season which has continued to reveal the same misgivings and which has followed on from an ordinary season last time out which was characterised by some less than inspiring displays. Shock horror, football fans sensing a gradual decline of their club wanting changes to be made in the coaching set up. Naughty boys and girls. Know your place. They must be made to write out one hundred times:- "We must settle for second best." "We must settle for second best."

I would summarize it as a lack of patience and a lack of respect for what is trying to be achieved.  We all get angry and frustrated by poor results and sub-standard performances but it seems as if some people just don't want to give any time or credence to anything to do with the club - and they make a dis-proportionate amout of noise that can only fuel the idea everything is up the creek.

So it goes to Farke for the blame, then it goes to Webber, oh and then the blame goes to the board...then it goes to the owners...then the whole club is seen as in disarray, everything is wrong, nothing is right....and the circle is complete. The doom mongers are happy because they stirred things up,  the binners are happy - and there are quite a few binners on here who love hiking up the rhetoric against anything that is against the club.

It's the easiest thing in the world to be unhappy with something that doesn't seem to be working in the present moment and wish for change so things can be better, much harder to stick with it in the knowledge that in the long term things will work out.  Hughton never got a chance to - his luck ran out before a third season in which imo he would have found solutions to our problems. Neil would have sorted out the squad rebuilding well imo and set us up well for the following season, but his luck ran out.

Farke will get his two years and if he doesn't do well this season, his luck will run out - but given time, his methods would work, as with Neil and Hughton.  Football is cruel, it often doesn't give a manager the time he needs to really get things sorted. I reckon that to change a whole club's culture you need three whole seasons, but manager's often can't be allowed that time to finish the job they started.  That is why the Bruce's and Warnock's keep getting jobs - because they often produce results quickly, but are they good for their clubs' long term?

We have a long term project and I think it is important to recognise that and support it.  By the end of two years we should be seing some progress. We have only just started the second year....

Perhaps too many beers last night and a bit emotional today?

corbs wrote:
We have made mistakes and we find ourselves middle of the 2nd Tier (where we were when I was a kid) . We are in good company as the the 2nd Tier increasingly looks a more competitative and exciting division than the prem, and the T.V companies are slowly picking up on this. My WBA pal said his first game back in this division (a home defeat to Bolton) allowed him to experience the best atmosphere at the Hawthorns for years. Keep right on ................
Agree with that 100%..

I want us to be successful but would much rather we did it by building a proper team over a period of time than spending a fortune on a bunch of mercenaries in the (probably vain) hope that they will bring us instant promotion.

Getting promoted is absolutely great, apart from the fact that you then have to endure a season or two of the Premiership before getting back to the excitement of the Championship.

The minute you claimed Hughton was removed too soon after a season of the worst football I've ever seen at this club, where he misused players and deliberately made defensive subs when even 2-0 down, that was when you lost the remaining iota of credit I'd given you for the post.

Similarly it was clear it was time for Alex Neil to be removed, and you again claim it was too soon.

We are in a long term plan atm, but if we don't get an improvement in results relatively soon, then Farke will also be gone.

lake district canary wrote:
I know you probably don't look in on this board, but if you do, please take heart from the fact that many people want you to succeed.  There is a minority of people who have it in for the club and it's owners - and have it in for you and Stuart because you were appointed by them. This is a sad state of affairs and it is largely historical because there are those that have always resented Delia Smith for having the temerity to become the majority shareholder in the first place - and have carried that resentment right the way through  since 1996 ! 

You have been given a task to transform the club from what it was, with a whole plethora of new players last season, a development that is still carrying on with key players being sold and new ones coming in this season.   Congratulations for keeping your cool in spite of the difficulties this whole scenario represents, be assured that many fans support what the club is doing and appreciate the efforts of yourself to get some cohesion and consistency into our football team.  We clearly have some very good players and it will be hoped that as the season progresses they will settle down to the task at hand and we will enjoy better results. 

We know you will be hurting from results like Saturday's but please keep your enthusiasm and love for the club going, ultimately we all want the same thing - a successful football team and you are better placed to know what to do than fans, some of whom think they have all the answers.

It is what it is - a fantastic football club with great fans - the more sensible fans know it is a long season and that it has only just started.  Others can't see beyond the length of their noses, but once we get those results going all this negativity will dissipate and things will seem a lot more positive.

Viel Gluck und alles Gute fur den Rest der Fussballsaison!

So good i just wanted to read it again.

Indy_Bones wrote:
The minute you claimed Hughton was removed too soon after a season of the worst football I've ever seen at this club, where he misused players and deliberately made defensive subs when even 2-0 down, that was when you lost the remaining iota of credit I'd given you for the post.
Similarly it was clear it was time for Alex Neil to be removed, and you again claim it was too soon.
We are in a long term plan atm, but if we don't get an improvement in results relatively soon, then Farke will also be gone.

The point is these two - Hughton and Neil - have proved themselves good managers since leaving, I understand Neil is particularly well liked and appreciated at Preston.  And the overall point is that any manager trying to change the whole culture of a club needs longer than these two got at Norwich.   I know football managers have a limited time span, but sometimes you have to stick with someone you believe in if you want to make long lasting and big changes in the club's culture, as we are doing.

Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye, God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes!