Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 38 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Time flies by in the Yellow and Green.

“Can't remember my first game but it was around 1957 - I was 8 at the time so it's getting on for 60 years for me.”

That’s a long time to be miserable 😉

Makes me a relative newcomer to mention my first game v Arsenal in the 72/3 season at the tender age of about 5. My father was a gate man at the ground and I can remember watching from the floodlight stancion between the main stand and barclay while he was counting up the gate receipts! Wiki tells me it was a 3-2 win, but I'm afraid i can't remember much more about the game.

FenwayFrank wrote:
“Can't remember my first game but it was around 1957 - I was 8 at the time so it's getting on for 60 years for me.”

That’s a long time to be miserable 😉

Yes, lol. I find it hard to watch MOTD or other football programmes on days that we have lost!

FenwayFrank wrote:
“Can't remember my first game but it was around 1957 - I was 8 at the time so it's getting on for 60 years for me.” That’s a long time to be miserable 😉

It's amazing how time heals. In 1957 we finished bottom of the bottom division of the football league, had to apply for re-election and the begging banket went round the ground. And not a cook in sight. Happy daysTongue Tied [:S]

Makes me feel younger...my first game was against Notts Forest in 1986...Boxing day...

Nutty

I can remember chucking a shilling in the blanket. 😉

It's amazing how time heals. In 1957 we finished bottom of the bottom division of the football league, had to apply for re-election and the begging banket went round the ground. And not a cook in sight. Happy days

At the time, the blanket was worth more than the club!
I remember the talk in the house was of City's troubles and the Evening news wall always full of coverage.
And younger readers, we played on Christmas Day then and the reverse fixture Boxing Day.
The push bikes were out in force then.
Is that when you bought yours Ricardo?

😀

No mate, my bike is old but not that old. Mrs R bought me a new one for my 50th.

No mate, my bike is old but not that old. Mrs R bought me a new one for my 50th.

I reckon we could get a dozen cyclists together to challenge SKY you know.