Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 11 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Bertie Dinners

A different ref and we may have seen a different game.

Not only were there a number of bizarre decisions made but extreme leniency shown as well. To the point, at times, of what might be thought almost bias.

Blatant shoves simply ignored, and lords knows how many times Rhodes was brought down. No wonder the binners are the only club in the Championship with more than one player sent off already this season.

Sour grapes ?

Watch how Zimmerman was pulled down last season (with an arm around his neck) to allow Chambers a free header.

Re: Bertie Dinners

Seemed fine to me - refs will always get a few decisions wrong; they're only human after all. If he was that biased, he would have given Ipswich a pen when their player went bin diving in the box.

OTBC

Disco Dales Jockstrap wrote:
Seemed fine to me - refs will always get a few decisions wrong; they're only human after all. If he was that biased, he would have given Ipswich a pen when their player went bin diving in the box. OTBC

err, there wasn't any contact there

which might just explain it

You don't seem to get the point - if he was biased he'd have given the pen; plenty thought it could've been given. I think perhaps he was just a bit ropey, rather than it being deliberate, but who'd be a ref....

Difficult to tell without the replays, really missed that when watching the game on TV today!

Get what point ?

My own point !

He was being deliberate in that he had decided to allow far more boisterous lay go without recourse to a card. the foulls that would have received a yellow card elsewhere seemed to be a signal to the binners that it was ok to foul.

Both the shove of Hanley (cut face) and the one in front of the dug outs by Knudsen warranted a card as they were to all intents an assualt, as the ball was out of play.

The bias there being towards that approach when normal judgement would see it different. As the binners were those most benefitting from this approach it is not unreasonable to suggest things would have been different.

As to the supposed penalty then a 'lenient' ref would be less likely to award a penalty - more so when there was no contact !

Hence the booking.

I'm getting too old for this.

We never needed replays. It was quite easy. Every decision the ref gave against us was wrong. We'd boo him, question his parentage and do our level best to put pressure on. Replays are for the next day.

What a world...

"bring on the cushions..."

He could also of send off Godfrey but only booked him, most Derby games are heated so need a good ref, he never lost control so top marks.

There's no way Godfrey's foul was anywhere near approaching a red card.

I thought the referee was actually a nice balance of *** for both teams in the first half- there was a very early chop on Hanley that had whispers of leg-breaker about it that went entirely unpunished and am surprised I haven't seen more written about it in post. On the other hand, we got a dangerous free kick for a challenge on Pukki that was nowhere near a foul.

Ref got the dive spot on in one of his rare moments of lucidity, fair play for that.

But the second half, he fell for the Ipswich games. All the niggly fouls seemed part of their gameplan and too many were allowed to mount up before the ref flashed a yellow to curb it. The Leitner bootless run was a particular highlight, and Onel having his shirt almost pulled clean off and a foul given against him.

All in all the only thing that really incensed me was the blatant play-acting by Nolan not being spotted, like he had to wait for the tackle to buffer before reacting to it.

The ref was absolutely disgraceful yesterday even worse than Simon Hooper and thats saying something! How he missed Jacksons stamp on Hanleys head I will never know. Every time Hernandez and Spence tussled, Spence had his arm around Hernandez neck, free kick to Ipswich. Chambers constantly pushing Rhodes yet Rhodes never got decision. No booking for the blatant foul from behind on Pukki in the first half, I could go on. One of the worst one sided refereeing displays I have ever seen.