Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 3 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Is It Really True?

I read somewhere on another thread that some Norwich City "supporters" do not even know any Norwich City history prior to 1996. For instance, they have no idea we finished 3rd, 4th, 5th; qualified for Europe multiple times and played and reached the last 16 of the UEFA Cup.

This is compelling evidence that in 1996 Delia hatched and incubated a new breed of supporter in her own image.

It now all makes sense - why the club has functioned in the way that it has; why the club has the Board that it has; and why Delia has faced no real opposition.

Re: Is It Really True?

Joking aside, I sat next to two blokes in the City Stand against Preston who said they were season ticket holders and yet didn't know some of our players' names.  We talked about the seventies and eighties, so they were not 1996 'ers Vinnie, they just hadn't kept up with all the changes that had taken place.  You get all sorts of supporters at a football club, positive ardent supporters who try to follow everything about the club (like me Wink [;)] ), match goers who just go for the occasion and don't get into the detail of it all too much, those who just go to let off steam and moan and complain at every little thing - and those who think they are supporters but don't know the meaning of the word support and who turn at the slightest setback.

Now you might be able to find a supporter who you could class as a 1996'er - but then there is nothing wrong with that, a supporter is a supporter is a supporter....err....unless they don't know how to. Which one of those are you Vinnie?

You can't possibly be a supporter if you were hatched and incubated by Delia. They are simply clones of her with all the adverse baggage that goes with it.

lake district canary wrote:
We talked about the seventies and eighties, so they were not 1996 'ers Vinnie
Vinnie is definitely a 69er, not a 96er. Big Smile [:D]