Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 5 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

New European Competition

Uefa plans to introduce a third European club competition alongside the Champions League and Europa League from 2021.

Head of the European Club Association, Andrea Agnelli, said "the green light has been given", pending approval.

He did not give any more details on how the tournament would be organised or when it would be staged.

My totally original suggestion is to have all of the domestic cup winners playing each other in a knock-out style competition.

I would call it The Uefa Cup Winners Cup.  Big Smile [:D]

Re: New European Competition

Even more novel TCC would be an Inter City Fairs Cup. Stick out tongue [:P]

Uefa bigwigs actually gor the idea from reading this forum, and from studying the career of Donald Trump. The competition will be for European clubs that have broken FFP regulations, fielded ineligible players, gone into administration, been forced into bankruptcy, or otherwise cheated their way to success. The working title for the tournament of "Only Suckers Play By the Rules".

I think they should introduce the Uefa Wooden Spoon Cup. The lowest ranked side in each European League competes for the cup nobody wants!

If they are going to introduce a Cup That Nobody Wants Cup then surely Delia will win it every year given her record and hatred of cups.

Oh Vince you spoil us.