Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 63 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Where are they now ?

In response to the OP, I am here.

Surely you don't expect me to believe that a reserve team win at Cardiff changes any of the fundamentals at the club?

Regarding hating other fans, it is very important that those fans who are numpties ought to be hated without mercy, as it is they who are keeping the Suffolk Socialists in office.

For my part, I would like to ask my own: "Where are they now?" To all those numpty fans who wanted McNasty out. Where are you now??
   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

I thought that McNally resigned on social media after stupidly engaging with somebody on Twatter on a Saturday night but then thought better of it. However his resignation was accepted by the board so hardly numpty fans as you say putting a hardened operator known for his thick skin no nonsense approach which did rub a lot of people up the wrong way under any pressure.

   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

RantAngry [:@]..... Post.....

 Mike wrote:
 nutty nigel wrote:
But you keep telling me about you. It makes no difference to me whether you have a 7 hour round trip or if you don't go at all. All we are on here is what we post. You probably do really support our team but that isn't the impression you give when you ** off the Carrow Road faithful.
I really do not care if you find my posts all about me or not, if it upsets you so much please feel free to ignore them. 100% do not give a jot whether you think I "probably support our team". Ps Don't "sl*g off" the Carrow Road faithful at all but hey you crack on making stuff up... Love a good adult debate.... anyone know where I can get one?

Actually you do Mike. This is what you posted on a previous rantAngry [:@]....


 Mike wrote:
 hogesar wrote:
Its not much of a problem. The most vocal whingers on social media rarely attend games let alone vocalise their views in real life.
Yep... been replaced by Delia cult members hence why no atmosphere anymore...


Hold on... here's a bit moreAngry [:@] RantAngry [:@]..... Post...

 Mike wrote:
It's a weird world these days where personal experience is classed as "all about you"... a weird world where you support a club but if you suggest what would make it better then you "hate everything about the club" and where people who blatantly bait & troll people then accuse others of "hating fellow fans". As I keep repeating over & over & over again... I respect other people views even if I do not agree with them. Bored of this conversion now but no doubt others will feel the need to keep it going. In Foulger we hope....

See above.



   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

<BLOCKQUOTE><table width="85%"><tr><td class="txt4"><img src="/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif">&nbsp;<strong>TIL 1010 wrote:</strong></td></tr><tr><td class="quoteTable"><table width="100%"><tr><td width="100%" valign="top" class="txt4"><i>I thought that McNally resigned on social media after stupidly engaging with somebody on Twatter on a Saturday night but then thought better of it. However his resignation was accepted by the board so hardly numpty fans as you say putting a hardened operator known for his thick skin no nonsense approach which did rub a lot of people up the wrong way under any pressure.</i><br></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course his resignation was accepted by the Board because Delia listens to the numpties, as she is one of them herself.

But more than that, the Suffolk Socialists were more than happy to make McNasty the goatscape for the impending relegation that followed soon after his resignation. That is why they couldn't believe their luck when he tendered it. Bereft of support from the rest of the Board and hung out to dry by the typically deceitful Delia, it was little wonder he resigned.
   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

Can Foulger afford to both pay D&M for their shares and invest a near 9 figure sum into the club?
   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

 king canary wrote:
I don't remember it at all, I was eight. That was why I said 'I wonder if.'

When I was about eight Geoffrey Watling was the target. The Barclay used to chant "zigger zigger zigger, Watling is a *** (word thet rhymes with zigger). I never understood that. Still don't tbh. I remember the kids chanting it coming out of school. I asked my mum and my grandparents but they didn't even know who Watling was so couldn't shed any light on the matter.

Later when Sir Arthur got similar abuse I realised that when people are disappointed by results or players being sold they just rant and abuse whoever the figurehead is. Chase copped it for the most part of his time. Only that season where we finished 3rd in the Prem and the European season were exempt.

It's a rum old kettle of fish...

   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

 Big Vince wrote:
In response to the OP, I am here. Surely you don't expect me to believe that a reserve team win at Cardiff changes any of the fundamentals at the club? Regarding hating other fans, it is very important that those fans who are numpties ought to be hated without mercy, as it is they who are keeping the Suffolk Socialists in office. For my part, I would like to ask my own: "Where are they now?" To all those numpty fans who wanted McNasty out. Where are you now??

As Tilly has said, McNally resigned off his own bat, and the board agreed with his first thought that he should go. I don't think there is any great mystery as to how and why that happened, and it had nothing much to do with fans protesting.

Our two recent relegations from the Premier League coincided with and in large part were directly attributable to botched summer transfer windows - 2013 (van Wolfswinkel) and 2015 (missing crucial targets despite the board having made the money available).

Given that as CEO under the old system McNally was in effect the football director, in charge of transfer strategy, he probably felt resposnible for those two failures, and even if he had second thoughts the other directors understandably thought he was.

   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

You cannot escape the fact that McNasty was the victim of a poisonous dose of deceit from the Board because they accepted his resignation in full knowledge that they had not backed him in the transfer market, nor sought new money from outside to back him in what everyone knows is the most competitive and cut-throat league on earth.

Whatever money was available in 2015 was nowhere near enough to entice the kind of players at the kind of salaries that are being demanded at that level. So Norwich had to settle for the likes of Jarvis and Wisdom on loan.

And Delia has since said that had Norwich been promoted last season there would have been no money.

End of.
   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

I don’t go onto other message boards-either football or non-football related-so I don’t know whether this one is typical or not. My impression is that a lot of posters aren’t interested in debate, they just want to have their say and won’t change their opinion on anything.

They also attack anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the same point of view. This goes for both those who think that we’re sleepwalking to League One and those that think that everything is hunky dory. Some are more subtle in their attacks than others but in the end they are all intolerant of an opposing view.

Maybe it’s because I’m a long-distance, non-native fan of the club, but to me it seems that a lot of people just take everything too seriously-and it also seems that there are a lot of angry men out there.
   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

 STFU wrote:
I don’t go onto other message boards-either football or non-football related-so I don’t know whether this one is typical or not. My impression is that a lot of posters aren’t interested in debate, they just want to have their say and won’t change their opinion on anything. They also attack anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the same point of view. This goes for both those who think that we’re sleepwalking to League One and those that think that everything is hunky dory. Some are more subtle in their attacks than others but in the end they are all intolerant of an opposing view. Maybe it’s because I’m a long-distance, non-native fan of the club, but to me it seems that a lot of people just take everything too seriously and it also seems that there are a lot of angry men out there.
If STFU stands for what i think it means i can see the irony in that statement.

   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

Of course it helps if posters can sometimes see the funny side....
   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

Yes it probably does Til. I have my moments but some people seem to be angry as their default setting.
   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

 Big Vince wrote:
You cannot escape the fact that McNasty was the victim of a poisonous dose of deceit from the Board because they accepted his resignation in full knowledge that they had not backed him in the transfer market, nor sought new money from outside to back him in what everyone knows is the most competitive and cut-throat league on earth. Whatever money was available in 2015 was nowhere near enough to entice the kind of players at the kind of salaries that are being demanded at that level. So Norwich had to settle for the likes of Jarvis and Wisdom on loan. And Delia has since said that had Norwich been promoted last season there would have been no money. End of.

Except that they did provide the money, both times. In 2013 it was, as Bowkett said, by far and away a record amount for Norwich City. From memory our net spending that summer was one of the very highest in the whole of Europe. But, as Bowkett went on to say, the squad was not improved in parallel with the spending.

And in 2015, as McNally himself later admitted, at great length, the money was again there but deals plural fell through too late to do anything about it, except wait for the winter window. Hence the splurge then. It was the money we had failed to spend in the summer. And as in effect our football director McNally has to to take a great part of the blame (there may have been some attributable to the two managers as well) for those crucial failures that ended in relegation.


   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

There are currently one or two love ins in the Prem where supporters sing "One Sean Dyche" or "One David Wagner".
I would hazard a bet that things will turn a bit sour for these gentlemen in the next couple of years.
"Ranieri was too loyal for too long to underperforming players" was a cry from Leicester supporters 5 months after they won the Prem title and were playing in the Champions league.
My local Rugby club made a bad start to last season and were in relegation trouble early on. There were many vociferous among the 500 who blamed the committee, the pitch, the coach etc. (We had props playing in the second and back rows because of a terrible run of injuries, Fit again, we finished high up the league and beat the runaway leaders home and away).
I dare say this has, is and will always happen at which ever level or even which sport you follow.
But you can't deny that most of the blamers, for the want of a new word, are probably decent supporters who shoot first and ask questions later. And I would hazard a guess from a time when success was coming thick and fast for NCFC.
   Report  

Re: Where are they now ?

Part of the problem with 2015 was promotion being achieved through the play off's, it does mean that there is less time available for business due to the delay in knowing where you will be playing the following season. Also the play off process is a massive distraction.
I think the "club" recognised that it got that summr window wrong,  I recall AN speaking about it in a radio interview.


   Report