Main Discussion - Norwich City

Topic has 82 replies.
Print Search Sort Posts:

Re: Farke,Farke Sort It Out,Farke Sort It Out !

With the number of foreign nationals at NCFC probably best to get someone from The United Nations

Or the EU

I Said 10 games at the start of the season but it looks like he is carrying on from last season with poor results
i will give him the 10 games still but after that enough is enough
you can not wait and wait he may never turn out the Manager / Head coach we all thought
Nothing wrong admitting you made a mistake
it is wrong not to carry on with the Mistake though

There will always be supporters who believe that we should buy promotion for the first team. There will always be supporters who come to games to boo the manager or to protest against the owners. For some it is their only pleasure in life. In the USA more than 5% of the population are Trump voting white supremicist flat earthers. The same sort of crazy applies here.

So thinking an underachieving manager should go is equivalent to racism?

Got it.

I suppose the key is whether he is “underachieving” or not. We had similar comments with Chris Hughton and David McNally would tell people that he was performing in line with or better than his peers which, at the time, included Lambert at Villa. In the end the board went with the vocal dissatisfied and took a punt on Neil Adams. I’d say that was a massive mistake but a few games into the Adams reign (after he got us relegated), the same fans were proclaiming that they had “their Norwich back”. A few more games down the line and he was wearing Hoots’ clown wig; the Norwich they’d got back seemingly not good enough.

As for Farke....

Well, it comes down to personal expectation as to whether you feel he is doing ok or not. On the face of it, one win from six will have those that feel we should be top end and challenging reaching for that wig once again. If you look at what he’s lost in terms of playing assets and consider his replacements as “rough diamonds” as opposed to the polished excellence of, say, Pritchard and Maddison, then he’s probably doing ok.

There’s no doubt that the club view a return to the top flight as the aim but I’m not sure what their timeframe is or even if a solid deadline has been determined. We’ve also had to cut our costs to reflect our league status, selling assets has eased the angle that we’re leaning over the abyss and, theoretically, as we move forward we may well be able to retain our better players as we become less reliant on transfer money to balance a top heavy wage bill. That said, the investment in the academy is forward thinking and the emergence of players like Lewis and Aarons and Cantwell and possibly Idah, Spyrou, Thorvaldsson and others provide a sunnier projection moving forward. When/if they demonstrate that they’re top-flight capable, it will be difficult to keep them if we’re in the Premier League and nigh impossible if we’re in the Championship. However, having largely swept the high earning underachievers out the door, there will, theoretically, be more money for squad investment that should (again theoretically) see us at least pressing for promotion.

Considering that, I’d suggest that patience might well be the order of the time. Unfortunately, we don’t live in patient times. There is an immediacy about everything now. You don’t need to wait for tomorrow’s papers to find out today’s news, you don’t need to wait for your mate to get in from work to get hold of him, you don’t have to wait for Match of the Day to see the goals and football fans want their success delivered similarly.

If we were to jettison Farke, I’d have concerns about our current squad. Not just because of the German contingent but also because he was obviously a key component in getting the likes of Hernandez and Leitner to come here in the first place.

I’m sure that people might feel that another manager might get “more” from the current squad; I’d be equally concerned that another manager might get diddly squat from some of them too.

Webber though has been fairly consistent that under the current system the head coach should be easily interchangeable. I’m not so sure that our recruitment gives that claim too much weight.

He may gave been a key component in bringing players from Germany with him....but if Farke left, I'd have no qualms if he took the lot with him.
Lets be honest, how many have been succesful or are key players in our first XI?
Franke, failure
Leitner - flattering to deceive
Zimmerman,Trybull,Vrancic -bench/Fringe
Steiperman, Passlack, Srbeny- reserve

Hernandez is the only one currently a guaranteed starter that we'd miss at the moment but if it meant losing this contingent in order to get rid of Farke and his staff , it would be a small price to pay.
We could just as easily get squad fillers such as the above from the lower leagues in this country

Not until January at the earliest. The players you don’t want would need to be offloaded to raise funds to replace them too.

Fwiw, I think Leitner will prove to be a good signing. Trybull and Tettey have been a decent partnership and their results when played together back that. Passlack? Have t seen enough of him but he is a young loan player that hasn’t had his quest helped by the emergence of Max Aarons and Srbeny is exactly the “rough diamond” type I was talking about. Noel Hernandez - if he can maintain it - looks a real find. Stiepermann and Zimmerman have both acquitted themselves well enough. That we’ve let Raggett out on loan and released Martin suggests there’s plenty of confidence in Zimbo and Godfrey to step in if and when required.